September 15, 2007

playing God: as of September 15, 2007

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,"
declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts."
(Isaiah 55:8-9)
Man. Why do i even try to second-guess, out-think, figure out, mind-read...GOD?
And why do i keep on hopin'?
...
...
i hope because i can.  :)
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  ( Hebrews 10:23)
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  ( Hebrews 11:1 )
Through Him you believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and glorified Him, and so your faith and hope are in God.  ( 1 Peter 1:21)
A faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time...  ( Titus 1:2)
But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.  ( Hebrews 3:6)
  
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  ( Romans 12:12)
-----------------------
but i am forgetting the most important prayer of all:
Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  ( Matthew 6:10)
"Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."  ( Luke 22:42)



Yes, Father, i bow down to Your will. Not just because i have to, but because i want to.
i'm going to let You act on my behalf. (Besides, when You do act, it truly is for my behalf :) )
Let Your will be done in my life. May you use my life to let Your kingdom come. Amen and amen.
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
      Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.  (Revelation 20:22 )

No comments:

Post a Comment