(the title comes from Daniel 12:7, where the prophet Daniel was told that his visions would come to pass in that amount of time, whatever actual length of time that was. but i'm relating it to my situation, where "time" appears to mean...a semester in our dear old university. yay....haaay. =p )
Thank You for telling me to wait. =) because that means there is something to be waited for. =)
regarding Elijah (the cartoon Bible story that i bought definitely for myself and not for any nephew or niece...):
- i was just anticipating the "still small voice" scene. (this was the first major realization i had of how God talks to us. not surprisingly, Elijah continues to be my favorite prophet =) )
- that scene did not happen.
- but from the start the cartoon showed Elijah as
- just wanting to wreak havoc
- just wanting to avenge God
- just wanting a rematch
- but God told him to
- leave his country
- go to the wilderness
- go to a foreign place
- go to a widow who has no husband to provide for her and who has a son to support
- wait THREE years.
- wow. three years.
- that's my PhD studies. =)
- (and also, Jesus' entire ministry.)
- but most importantly for this situation, that's exactly the time i had set for myself just the night before.
Yet even before that i already sensed God telling me the same thing.
i was watching the cartoon Monday night (September 11, 2006).
Just the night before i was telling myself i had to let go of even wanting to be **************** because i feel i should not be "distracted' at this point; i feel i still have a lot of other things to figure out, to work out, to resolve.
so it was ok for me to wait.
but the second realization during watching the cartoons FLOORED me.
previously, God told me "No" regarding another guy. (who am i kidding? that happened more than once if i were to be completely honest with myself. yipes.)
and so i felt a little sad that now He was telling me to wait ---
wait a minute.
He was telling me to wait.
Not "No," just "wait".
God, i'm going to continue living a life and having a heart full of faith.
i'm not going to assume or presume anything. =)
but You know my heart, Lord.
and i'll just wait for Your plans, and not pursue my own.
Thank You, Lord.
Truly Your mercies are new every morning. :D