September 17, 2006

giving credit where it is due, take 2 =)

(once again, a reminder of what i really am...and what i am not. From Isaiah 10:12-15)

When the LORD has finished all His work on Mount Zion and on Jerusalem, He will punish the speech of the arrogant heart of the king of Assyria and the boastful look in his eyes. For he [the king] says:
  • By the strength of my hand I have done this,
  • and by my wisdom, because I have understanding.
  • I removed the boundaries of nations,
  • I plundered their treasures;
  • like a mighty one I subdued their kings.
  • As one reaches into a nest, so my hand reached for the wealth of the nations;
  • as men gather abandoned eggs, so I gathered all the countries;
Does the ax raise itself above him who swings it,
or the saw boast against him who uses it?
As if a rod were to wield him who lifts it up,
or a club brandish him who is not wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment