February 25, 2006

teci's thesis, episode 10: nothing a "waste" :)

nothing to waste :)

all the ideas, input, effort were actually worth it :)

nope, i'm not yet finished with my thesis --- far from it! but i suddenly got a flash of insight that made me realize how all i'm doing makes sense. (hehe, it all finally made sense! :D )

after the joy in realizing how it all fits...

...came the serenity, the fulfillment, the PEACE with knowing it was all worth it.

NOW i know why things had to be that way...why i had to do what i did.

it wasn't really a matter of life and death to me...i would be "okay" even if some things i did won't actually bear fruit, or bear the wrong fruit (ex: a good intention leading to a hurtful situation). [disclaimer: "The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)." at times we think our sin is "okay" just because we don't see the actual hurt we inflict on God and on other people, and/or because the consequences aren't that immediate.]

...but it means so much nonetheless. to know that (as cheesy/cliche-ish/corny as this sounds) everything has a purpose makes life worth living, doesn't it?

if life started as a mere random collision among molecules, then it wouldn't really matter if i do good, or do bad, or just bum around forever writing my randomly-selected words that wouldn't really matter to my fellow randomly-popped-out-of-nowhere human beings.

:p

but if everything matters

then and all life is precious...


and nothing goes to waste.


it's a reassurance, a comfort.

right now, in doing my thesis, it's that small little twig, branching out of the high cliff, that i'm desperately hanging on to :)

God bless, everybody :)



Exodus 9:16
But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

Psalm 33:11
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.

Psalm 57:2
I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills {his purpose} for me.

Psalm 138:8
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Isaiah 14:24
The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand.

Isaiah 49:4
But I said, "I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand, and my reward is with my God."

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 32:19
Great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

2 Timothy 1:9
[God,] who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment