June 8, 2011

Creativity is from the Creator

From Rico Blanco, Filipino singer-songwriter, a true artist. :) Featured in Men's Health magazine, January 2011:

I think that anything naman that comes out from my creative process is not entirely mine, it's a gift that I'm not the source of. I'm just (like) an instrument. So, I give credit to the Creator for giving me that.

And at the same time, every single piece of art that I absorb, all my experiences, everything that I'm exposed to is a source. If you don't give space for your thoughts because you're thinking of so many other stuff, it would be very hard for creativity to come out. So, I don't really have a process, sometimes (worked for, forced). Sometimes, (it just comes out). Sometimes (if there's no) inspiration, a lot of it is hard work, perseverance. It's sitting down and deciding not to get up off that chair until something comes out. Sometimes, (that's what relaxes me). There are times to relax I work on a song, like some people work on a crossword puzzle to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment