January 5, 2012

This 2012, first things first.

Tomorrow our local church will hold its annual prayer and fasting. Each of us is encouraged to list down our "faith goals" - what are we believing God for?

Best time as any to remind ourselves: 

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well."


I did list faith goals: most now have a check beside them, the rest are on their way. It truly was a miraculous year --- in terms of what I asked for, and better yet, in what I didn't! :) Truly He is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine."


"I know your works as well as your labor and steadfast endurance...
But I have this against you: You have departed from your first love!"


Last year I was so caught up in "following God" that I forgot the "loving God" part. (Remember!)


This 2012, first things first.


(Quotes from here, here and here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment