January 17, 2012

Easy to follow (or, "Decisions, decisions")

Today I'm just thankful, for the times God makes it easy to follow Him. ♥

I remember my first "major life decision" as a Christian: contemplating the path to take after graduating from college. I prayed for neon signs pointing to just one path, God's will for me.



Sure enough, then and now, clarity arrives, things do fall into place, with criteria being met by only one option.

Even Jesus prayed, "Father, not My will but Yours be done." [1] "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as in heaven." [2]

Following God doesn't have to be a painful (if I may say so) hell. True, there are sacrifices and hardships, but the bigger picture is simply wonderful.

Jesus endured the most painful kind of death "for the joy set before Him." [3] "God's will is good, pleasing and perfect." [4]


Dilemma no more, head and heart united, His will becomes my own. There's no other place I'd rather be. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment