January 15, 2012

"Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus"

The most-watched video on Youtube: 




Excerpts:

"[The Church] is not a museum for good people,
it's a hospital for the broken.
Which means I don't have to hide my failure,
I don't have to hide my sin
'Cause it doesn't depend on me,
It depends on Him. 

"Religion says "Do", Jesus says "Done."
Religion says "Slave", Jesus says "Son."
Religion puts you in bondage while Jesus sets you free
Religion makes you blind but Jesus makes you see

"And that's why religion and Jesus are two different clans
Religion is man searching for God
Christianity is God searching for man

"Which is why salvation is freely mine
And forgiveness is my own
Not based on my merits
but Jesus' obedience alone

"So for religion, no I hate it
In fact I literally resent it
Because when Jesus said "It is finished,"
I believe He meant it."

No comments:

Post a Comment