April 26, 2010

The VOTE that's worth it.

[2011-03-16 Note: This is one of my posts about the 2010 Philippine elections, and particularly about my personal choices for president and vice president. This blog is about God, which supposedly transcends politics; but such political choices are extensions of my God-given wisdom and principles and my privilege (and responsibility) of choosing our next leader. By the way, they didn't win... but my votes are heard and counted.]




from my friend Rex Sayson:



Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a reflection I've been going through some time now about "wasted votes". Is there really such a thing?

Which vote is a wasted vote? The one used to give the best candidate a fighting chance, or the one used to let a supposed front-runner's backers control the outcome with unscientific surveys? Having generated the largest business portfolio for my previous company using market research, it really bothers me that the methodologies behind the various election surveys seem so loose that the results are practically useless except for whatever agendas those who paid for the surveys may have.

For example, if Noynoy A is really the front-runner, how come most people I speak with are supporting Gordon?

Obviously since I'm not a Villar-ionaire I can't do a proper survey myself at this point, but it's very worrying - look at the financial crisis caused by believing too much in credit ratings paid for by the companies being rated themselves - how much misery has been caused by this ill-placed compianza? Should we peg our faith in getting the leaders we deserve on unscientific surveys, or should we peg our faith on finding the best fit candidate for our country's needs?

What would you like our country to have achieved 6 years from now? How do we measure the achievements we would like our people to have accomplished in 6 years, 12 years, 24 years, and what kind of proven accomplishments let us know which candidates are the best choice?

I am sure different voters will have different criteria, and different results, but I hope you'd help spread the word to let the best candidate win, and not necessarily the ones pre-selected by paid-for survey companies. Personally, I'm impressed with this platform and the values, qualifications and experience behind it - http://bit.ly/cABGn9

Just to share, where I'm from, I can go jogging at night, there's a functioning public library, LTO transactions take 15 minutes, public school students have international-standard classrooms, and it doesn't even need to collect the same taxes as Makati. Do we want to just survive in our country, or really live?

I believe our people will make the right choice if we just remind ourselves to stay focused on what this election is about - our future, our dreams, and our loved ones.

May the best candidate win.

What do you think? Please spread the word to everyone you care about also.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment