April 28, 2010

"I promised I'd never sing of love... If it does not exist."

The Only Exception
by Paramore
Lyrics: http://www.directlyrics.com.com/paramore-the-only-exception-lyrics.html
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7J_IWUhls


When I was younger
I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind
He broke his own heart
And I watched
As he tried to reassemble it

And my momma swore that
She would never let herself forget
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
If it does not exist

But darling,
You are the only exception...

Maybe I know somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Keep a straight face

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm
Content with loneliness

Because none of it was ever worth the risk

Well,
You are the only exception...

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream

Oh...

You are the only exception...

And I'm on my way to believing you




"I promised I'd never sing of love... If it does not exist."



And... she's back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment