April 2, 2010

thank You, o God :)

"I know Jesus is Love and that's all I need to know."
--- sung by Toni Gonzaga during today's Seven Last Words


Today is Good Friday. Over a billion Christians remember how Jesus, Son of God and Son of Man, gave up His life, sinless, as payment for ours, sin-filled.... how He died, but rose again.

But allow me to be selfish. Jesus saved me. ME! I'm saved!

And all my problems, issues and fears dwindle to insignificance. I'm with the Victor of Life, the Winner over Death, after all.

God the Father gave me life; God the Son shows me how to live; God the Holy Spirit gives me the power to do it.

It's been more of a "Holy Month" than a "Holy Week" for me... Difficult, but not impossible. I have the perfect role model after all.


Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what You will."
(Mark 14:36)


And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him.
(Luke 22:43)


Jesus acknowledged that His Father is Almighty... that His Father is sovereign... and He yielded to His Father's will. May we all do the same.

Time and again, I'm tempted to try to understand God, to guess how He thinks and to predict how He will act. But how many times do I need to "get" that I'm not God? Besides, if I cannot trust Him in the little that I do understand, then I cannot place my faith in Him at all.

Today, I thank God. For His victory over sin and death, for His example of humble obedient faith, and for how He is working in my life this very moment.

Thank You for giving me circumstances that lead me to --- finally --- trust in You and only You.

Thank You, O God, for sending angels that strengthen me.

Thank You for I am seeing the light of Easter dawn.

Thank You for this Holy Season. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment