April 8, 2010

I will love you freely

(based on Hosea 14:4-9)

I will love you freely,

for my anger has turned from you.


I will be like the dew to you;
you shall blossom like the lily;

you shall take root like the trees of Lebanon;
your shoots shall spread out;

your beauty shall be like the olive,

and your fragrance like Lebanon.

You shall return and dwell beneath my shadow;


you shall flourish like the grain;

you shall blossom like the vine;

your fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon.


O Ephraim, what have I to do with idols?
It is I who answer and look after you.

I am like an evergreen cypress;

from me comes your fruit.

Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
whoever is discerning, let him know them;
for the ways of the LORD are right,
and the upright walk in them,
but transgressors stumble in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment