July 4, 2007

GOD *is* the Gospel :)

I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."
--- Psalm 16:2



Everywhere I go God is reminding me of this :)

His greatest blessing, His gift from which others draw their value, is Himself.

:)

By the way, "God is the Gospel" is a book by John Piper. :) I got to browse it a little in a bookstore :)

We must check our hearts. All we need is in God, so it's understandable if we go after the crumbs that lead to His feast.



Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. --- James 1:17

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. --- Romans 8:28



But in the presence of the Feast-Giver (whether intentionally or not on our part), God Himself...do we still stick around just for the food?



My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you...
--- Isaiah 26:9

My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.
--- Psalm 84:2

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
--- Psalm 62:5

My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
--- Psalm 62:1

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
--- Psalm 42:2

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
--- Psalm 42:1

To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; --- Psalm 25:1

I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Answer me quickly, O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
--- Psalm 143:6-8

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
--- Psalm 130:5-6

This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,
but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD.
--- Jeremiah 9:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment