December 3, 2012

Why I didn't go to church today

I didn't go to service today because something was not right.

Jesus quoted from the ancient prophet Isaiah: These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

My heart wasn't right before Him. Surely, public worship and catching up with my church friends could remedy the situation, right? Well... sometimes.

If my relationship with God is not doing well, ultimately, it's God and I who need to communicate. Other people can inspire me and teach me, but I can only apply what I learned when I finally spend time with Him.

So today, I decided to stay home after all. And blog. And think. And rest.

My heart is still some distance away from His. But at least, it's closer compared to yesterday.


http://www.suvic.org.au/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/Time%20to%20come%20home.jpg
http://www.suvic.org.au/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/Time%20to%20come%20home.jpg


P.S. I believe this post balances and complements this one. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment