December 31, 2005

giving credit where it is due =)

Praise God forever and ever,
because He has wisdom and power.
He changes the times and seasons of the year.
He takes away the power of kings
and gives their power to new kings.
He gives wisdom to those who are wise
and knowledge to those who understand.
He makes known secrets that are deep and hidden;
He knows what is hidden in darkness,
and light is all around Him.
I thank You and praise You, God of my ancestors,
Because You have given me wisdom and power.
You told me what we asked of you;
You told us about the king’s dream.
-- Daniel on God, Daniel 2:19-23

God also told this secret to me, not because I have greater wisdom than any other living person, but so that you will know what it means. In that way you will understand what went through your mind.
-- Daniel to King Nebuchadnezzar, Daniel 3:30

As [Nebuchadnezzar] was walking on the roof of his palace in Babylon, he said, “I have built this great Babylon as my royal home. I built it by my power to show my glory and my majesty.”
The words were still in his mouth when a voice from heaven said, “King Nebuchadnezzar, these things will happen to you. You will be forced away from people. You will live with the wild animals and be fed grass like an ox. Seven years will pass before you learn this lesson: The Most High God rules over every kingdom on earth and gives those kingdoms to anyone He chooses.
-- Daniel 4:29-32

God’s rule is forever,
and His kingdom continues for all time.
People on earth
are not truly important.
God does what He wants
with the powers of heaven
and the people on earth.
No one can stop His powerful hand
or question what He does.
…Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, give praise and honor and glory to the King of heaven. Everything He does is right and fair, and He is able to make proud people humble.
-- Nebuchadnezzar on God, Daniel 4:34-35,37

No comments:

Post a Comment