December 29, 2005

the covenant in simple terms

IF you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them,
     … I will set My tabernacle among you,
          and My soul shall not abhor you.
     I will walk among you and be your God,
          and you shall be My people.      =)          
               --- Almighty God to the Israelites, Leviticus 26:3,11-12



[When]…you return to the LORD your God and obey His voice, according to all that I command you today, you and your children, will all your heart and with all your soul,
     …the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live. =)
          --- Moses to the Israelites, Deuteronomy 30:2,6  

     And you will again obey the voice of the LORD and do all His commandments which I command you today.
          --- Moses to the Israelites, Deuteronomy 30:8
  
(written December 5, 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment