January 2, 2013

Gracious Living




http://static5.depositphotos.com/1035649/467/v/950/depositphotos_4671582-Heart-gift.jpg
http://static5.depositphotos.com/1035649/467/v/950/depositphotos_4671582-Heart-gift.jpg


There was this time when I didn't help this person. Well, I'd like to think I gave the minimum acceptable answers to his queries, I just didn't go out of my way to make sure he got what he needed.

Do it yourself, I thought, you'll thank me for it one day. Besides, you deserve it for being such a --------.

 
Nah.

Have you ever felt that God is "pleased" with you? This time it was the opposite.


For You give us better than what we deserve,
we must do the same.


Jesus says,

Greater love has no one than this,
than to lay down his life for his friends.


A new command I give you: Love one another. 
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.


Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. 
This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.


Gracious living. My life and the blessings within it --- I deserve none of these.

I've been a recipient of God's grace for so long. Let me be an agent of grace now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment