April 14, 2006

today i choose :)

(from “Fruit of the Spirit”, in ‘The Devotional Bible’ edited by Max Lucado, and ‘When Christ Comes’ by Max Lucado :) )


For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day’s demands. It is now that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I’m free to choose. And so I choose.

I choose love
No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.

I choose joy
I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance.

I choose peace
I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose patience
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I’ll invite him to do so.

I choose kindness
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I choose goodness
I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one.

I choose faithfulness
Today I will keep my promises.

I choose gentleness
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle.

I choose self-control
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal. I will be drunk only by joy.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment