February 4, 2013

Feb 4 2013

This day is important to me because:

  • For the first time, I sent someone (two students) to the Disciplinary Office for cheating. Verbal reminders and personal confrontations are not enough --- people (myself included) don't learn until we reap the consequences of our actions. "God disciplines those He loves" (Hebrews), and so should we.

  •  For the first time in over a year, I returned to our research lab. Not much has changed there, it seems, but I feel I've changed much. What I couldn't do before, I could do now. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." (Philippians)

  • For the first time in weeks, I chose to go home early (as in, the sun hasn't set yet). For a long time I needed to get my energy level up; now that it's up, I need to get going. I'm distinguishing between goals (ex: graduate) and means (ex: dance). "Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." (Ephesians)


  • I'm using a laptop given to me by my uncle and aunt, and I'll be using a cell phone I "inherited" from my brother. Very good gadgets that I didn't lift a finger to get. "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all -- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" (Romans)

Plus there are the everyday (but always special) blessings like my family, a fulfilling job, supportive friends, enough finances and yummy food. Thank You, thank You.


"In everything, give thanks." (1 Thessalonians)

:) :)

(Hey! And the day isn't even done yet ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment