July 8, 2010

The Only Exception

Horns and engines in the streets.
Gossip in the jeepney.
Traffic light turns red and everything falls silent.
An appliance store is playing Paramore's "The Only Exception".
:)


I was an atheist-rocker-romance-hater-teenage-girl who really wanted red hair – just like Paramore vocalist Hayley Williams.

“The Only Exception” says it all. :)

I've posted this song before and I thank God for playing this again for me this morning.

I am loved. Loved by the Perfect One.

And this is the only reason that I can love others, and respond to their love as well.


Hayley sings, “I promised I'd never sing of love, if it doesn't exist.”

But she is singing, and so am I. :)


2 comments:

  1. awwwww =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:35 AM

    I completely agree! This song makes me think of God as well and 1 John 4:19. "We love because He loved us first"

    ReplyDelete