August 9, 2008

The Olympics, the world, and Christ ^__^

The Olympics, the world, and Christ :D Yeah :D (All from Christianity Today.)


(1) OLYMPIC SNAPSHOT
Imagine swords turned into plowshares, and soldiers into soccer players.
by Al Hsu

(2) THE EXCITEMENT OF HOPE
Olympians have something to teach us about this cardinal virtue.
a Christianity Today editorial

(3) OLYMPIANS TO WATCH
At least 12 confessing Christians are likely to win in Beijing.


"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore, I run in such a way, not as without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possibly, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified." -- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment