February 28, 2007

stumbling blessing blocks

it's really hard...

it's really hard if you constantly enjoy doing good...
how can they say that you were born to sin?

it's really hard if ever since birth your talents were off the charts...
how can they say your talents are not yours and you should give them back?



which is why i had an extremely hard time...

it was extremely hard for me to admit that i have been so, so grossly wrong.

it was extremely hard for me to surrender my gifts, my dreams, my plans: my whole self.



but being the gracious God that God is....

He's now using my eagerness to do good...for His glory.

He's now using all of me...all for Him.



let the stumbling blocks be the stepping stones.

for the things that were meant for evil against us, God intends for our good (Genesis 50:20).

for all things work together for the good,
for those who love God (not just doing good!)
for those called (to use their gifts) for His purpose (Romans 8:28).

for it is God who works in us, both to will and to work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).



and what once were curses, now are redeemed as blessings.
(including people...especially people.)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment