September 13, 2011

Glory to God in Miss U 2011

Have you caught the Miss Universe fever? :)  I barely saw the replay but like the rest of my countrymen, I'm so proud of how Miss Philippines honored God above all, even her heart.

"If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me and I have my faith and my principles and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too."
- Shamcey Supsup, Philippines


And... she didn't win. It seemed like a repeat of last year when Miss Jamaica gave, in my humble opinion, the best answer in the final round.

But it's great that Miss Angola's answer also honored her Creator:


"Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life."
- Leila Lopes, Angola (and Ms. Universe 2011!)


'Til next year! Indeed, the Gospel is being shared to all nations... including through international beauty pageants  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment