August 3, 2011

Give to receive: Teacher learns something new

Today I was pleasantly surprised to learn a new study "trick". Especially since I realized it in the middle of teaching someone else. (Thank You Holy Spirit.)

I'm reminded about why maintaining this blog is a delight and never a chore. It goes beyond the urge for self-expression. Sharing about God blesses not just the hearers but the messenger too. 


A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. 
     - Proverbs 11:25 

By this kind of hard work we must help the weak,
remembering the words the Lord Jesus Himself said:
"It is more blessed to give than to receive."
     - Acts 20:35 


Indeed, ultimately:

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it,
but whoever loses their life for Me and for the gospel will save it.
     - Jesus (Mark 8:35)


Makes me excited about the new things I'll be learning in the next days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment