December 3, 2010

And why the heck should I even bother?

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
- Plato

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
- Paul to the Ephesians


Dear friends,

Let us rise above petty conflicts and trivial issues.
Let us look to the people, and value every one as a brother or sister.
(Easier said than done, I know.)
Let us love God by loving each other.


"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
- Paul to the Romans


Finding it hard to love the people around you?
Remember how unlovable you were (or still are)! :D
This works for me every time...
And how funny is it that when someone "sins against me", I regularly end up remembering at least one time when I did something similar... or worse?
And --- thank God --- I remember that God already loved and already forgave me even back then.


"Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown.
But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.
- Jesus

"Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
"
- John Newton


So to answer the question, "Why should I even bother?"
--- Because God bothered enough to love and restore me.
This is how I thank and follow Him.
This is how I join His work, in loving and restoring others.
This is my part in bringing heaven down to earth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment