September 10, 2010

His steadfast love

These days, I have been crying out for love... steadfast love.


For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,
the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
- Hosea 6:6


Sow for yourselves righteousness;
reap steadfast love;
break up your fallow ground,
for it is the time to seek the LORD,
that He may come and rain righteousness upon you.
- Hosea 10:12



This morning, God answered my prayers with more of Himself. :) Indeed. He is the only One.

I am thankful for being reminded of this psalm. It includes one of my "life verses", verse 5. But the entire psalm is full of gems, which I've already posted in the past (see here) --- I really should start considering it as one of my "life psalms". Here are the passages that continue to encourage and strengthen me.



Psalm 118 - Your Steadfast Love Endures Forever


Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
for His steadfast love endures forever!
(v. 1 and v. 29, the psalm starts and ends with these lines)


In my anguish I cried to the LORD
and He answered by setting me free.
(v. 5)


It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes.
(v. 8-9)


The LORD is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
(v. 14)


The right hand of the LORD exults,
the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!
(v. 16)


I shall not die but I shall live,
and recount the deeds of the LORD.
The LORD has disciplined me severely,
but He has not given me over to death.
(v. 17-18)


I thank You that You have answered me
and have become my salvation.
(v. 21)


This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
(v. 24)


You are my God, and I will give thanks to You;
You are my God; I will extol You.
(v. 28)


The LORD is God,
and He has made His light to shine upon us.
(v. 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment