December 31, 2009

but what do we really need?


What the world needs, I am ashamed to say, is Christian love.
- Bertrand Russell, author of "Why I Am Not A Christian", atheist

What I envy most about you Christians is your forgiveness.
I have nobody to forgive me.
- Marghanita Laski, author of "Ecstasy: a Study of Some Secular and Religious Experiences", atheist

My secret is that I need God
--- that I am sick and can no longer make it alone.
I need God to help me give, because I no longer seem to be capable of giving;
to help me be kind, as I no longer seem capable of kindness;
to help me love, as I seem beyond being able to love.
- Douglas Coupland, author of "Life After God", secular/atheist



Here's hoping and praying that the world will receive what the world truly needs, in the coming days. God be with us all in 2010 :)


(Thanks to "What's So Amazing About Grace?" by Philip Yancey for the quotes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment