July 25, 2009

the 2009 birthday blog

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him."

(Lamentations 2:22-24)



Happy birthday, teci. Happy birthday, victory.
But most importantly, i need to celebrate my rebirth, everyday :)



Without God, even a nationwide celebration at the Araneta Coliseum on one's birthday won't satisfy.
With God, even the crappiest, crankiest day filled with all the injustices of the world cannot stop one from giving thanks.



Yesterday, my birthday, the focus was barely on me. In fact, it was an exercise in humility before God and servanthood towards others.
In other words, i'm ready to be a wife and mom! ;p


Time and again, God has generally and specifically assured me that He is always with me.
So whenever i don't feel His presence, instead of chiding Him for His absence, i need to chide myself as Jesus does those "of little faith". Here, faith is far from blind --- faith is holding on to the promises of the God who has already revealed Himself to me and has already established a relationship with me.



Next year, the worldwide gathering of Every Nation churches will be held in Manila, where i live, and culminate on July 24, which is my birthday, again.
God is really making sure i glorify Him rather than myself, eh?
(Talk about an answered prayer for humility --- how can anybody top that? ;p)

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, sis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy kaarawan teci! my phone's busted kaya di ako nakatext :(

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Teci!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, dear friends :)

    ReplyDelete