July 14, 2012

The Enduring Schoolgirl's Prayer

"Strength! Courage!" 
     --- God to Joshua

"When I was an infant... I gurgled and cooed like any infant.
When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good."
     --- Paul to the Corinthians

"Make sure you don't take things for granted 
and go slack in working for the common good;
share what you have with others.
God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship --- a different kind of 'sacrifice' ---
that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets."
     --- Letter to the Hebrews


I'm happy to be grown up and all, but there's one thing I do miss from my childhood days: that RUSH to get my schoolwork done. Believe it or not, there was a time I finished my homework before I reached home. 8-D

Now, I'm not like that anymore. Which is why I'm still a schoolgirl.

So my prayer for this season is to just do it. Sit down and finish *it* already. 

Yes, wisdom ultimately comes from God, and there are other things I also have to do, but...
  • I pray for the courage to face my thesis :) ;
  • I pray for the endurance to go on even when I'm discouraged, afraid, lazy, busy, distracted, and whatever excuse I can come up with;
  • I pray for motivation, even enjoyment, just like in those grade school days;
  • I pray for the endurance even when I'm not motivated nor enjoying what I'm doing.


school girl balancing book on head 
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/kids/schooling/my-school-website-to-reveal-
how-much-children-improve-20101122-182qt.html



Hay, Lord. :)  I don't want to be a schoolgirl anymore --- I want to be more mature, responsible, and to graduate already...

But I do miss that get-that-schoolwork-done attitude. And that giddy-as-a-schoolgirl feeling of accomplishment ♥  Let's go Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment