June 24, 2012

The Winning Faith


http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/best_week/575x270-panoramic_man_silhouette_mountaintop_12143.jpg 
http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/best_week/575x270-panoramic_man_silhouette_mountaintop_12143.jpg


Being a winner (or a loser) is entirely self-proclaimed.

God the Son says, "Become what you believe."

(Otherwise translated as, "Let it be done to you according to your faith.")

The power belongs to God,
but we can choose to ask for it
and claim that it is already given.

I've often asked God for His will to be done in my life
without bothering to name the details
It sounds very obedient and sacrificial
But how about lazy
Or even faithless?
Because I don't want to take the risk of not getting what I prayed for...?

Jesus prayed, "Father, not my will, but Yours be done."

Okay, so maybe something like this:
     "Lord, this is what I want, and I pray that You grant it,
     But ultimately I bow to Your will
     Which may not be what You want..."

Hmm... But the Bible says, the double-minded one can't expect anything from God. (How can God answer contradicting prayers?)

"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

Indeed, Jesus says, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."


So my prayer would now go something like this:
     "Lord, this is what I want, and I believe that You will grant it,
     Because ultimately I know that You want the best for Your children
     And I am asking in Your Name,
          with the right motives (hopefully!),
          and in complete faith that You will answer.
     Thank You."

And it shall be done, according to how much faith we have, in the One who can get it done.

Do we have enough faith to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment